There are many emotions that could drive an individual to learn magic. The desire to protect another. To defeat an archenemy. Wishing to gain power. These are all common drives to become anything one aspires to be like. And then there are those who simply hate. Those who want to get back at someone who wronged them, want to bring someone off their high-horse, to make them look disgraceful. For these types of mages, the school of thought and study often changes, which is where Hexers originate. To be more specific, the magic of 'curses' and 'hexes' originate on Egwyn.
During the dawn of civilization on Egwyn, the Grimalkin were often the subject of prejudice due to their hair color, some going as far as exiling them, thinking they were a bad omen. This left many Grimalkin feeling scorned, and with their natural magic potential, they developed curses, which make those affected suffer some misfortune or poor health. As the world began to grow aware of each other, so too did the nature of the Grimalkin's curses.
Hexers utilize dark energy (because it is not only painful physically, but attacks the mind as well) and these curses, and while they are not the most powerful mage, they are exhausting to deal with. Hexers also call upon the grudge of spirits, amplifying their anger with magic, and letting them harm the living. This often puts them at odds with the Geistritter, who seek to contain the damage spirits deal to everyday life.
- Strong in a team and can turn the tide of a fight easily.
- When paired up with Evoker, it can use High-Speed Divine Words to quickly get its invocations out from a safe distance away.
- Can, and will, afflict enemies with status effects rather easily, and can make them even more debilitating.
- Can make enemies think twice about attacking you directly with curses.
- High RES/DEF potential, as their build need Earth ATK (Defense) and Dark ATK (Resistance).
- Doesn't do as much 'burst' damage with its spells as Evoker. It is more DPS oriented.
- Can very easily get overwhelmed if someone rushes you.
- Weak against those with high Resistance, mainly Status Resistance since this is where most of their damage come.
- Suffers to silence as well as any mage.
- Also suffers to enemies with stacked Dark Resistance.
Win a fight as a level 20 Mage (Main class) with a cursed/doomed/etc. Main Hand weapon.