Your character level is tied directly to your growths. When your character level increases, your stats have a chance to increase (more info on that page) (Growths don't exist anymore).
The experience required for each level is as follows:
|Promo Class Level||Level||Exp Needed for Next Level||Total EXP|
Note: Character level caps at 60. Class level caps at 35, or 50 if using Destiny.
Base Classes use the same table as Character Level for determining EXP needed.
Promoted Classes start at a higher base (level 1 = level 11) and go from there along the same table.
- Every 1 point in APT grants you +1% bonus EXP gains. (For reference, see this.)
- Defeating monsters will earn EXP quickly. The EXP earned is relative to your character level and the monster's level. (Note: Any monster more than 10 levels below your character level will only grant a fraction of its EXP. Additionally, until you reach level 45, monsters more than 10 levels ABOVE your character level will not grant full EXP.)
- Full-Clearing high-level dungeons can grant you a HUGE bonus to EXP, but this may need you to have a full party (or at least someone capable of killing enemies), if you are not well-prepared to face multiple battles alone.
- Roleplaying will also earn you EXP, equal to 10% of EXP needed to next level, or level*50, whichever is greater.
- Black Beast events award EXP based on the amount of packs defeated. The exact amount is calculated based on your level (1% of EXP to next level per beast killed). Scars can be repaired for 5% of EXP needed for next level, or level*50, whichever is greater.
- The Fishing Contest awards EXP based on the Weight of the heaviest fish you caught, equal to (Weight/2)% EXP to next level.
- Green Gloves (1* Hand Slot) and Green Soles (2* Foot Slot) can be found to increase EXP gains by 10% each. Other means of raising EXP earned are the Tactician's 'Always Learning' adding 10% EXP, stacking with itself if other Tacticians are in the party; The 'Teacher's Stamp' from a Quest in Oniga, adding another 5% EXP, and lastly Brain Food, which can be bought from an Asago Bank for 10 Asagorians, boosting EXP gains by 50% for 25 battles (Though this can be increased up to 29 from Quest stamps)
- There is a limit on +EXP% boosters. This limit, though, is only obtainable with multiple Tactician's, on top of all currently available boosters.